Get the Skills to Become a Medical Office Assistant
Medical Office Training Program Online or On Campus in as little as 7 Months*!
The next time you go to a doctor’s office, notice how much there is to do and how busy everyone appears to be. Then ask yourself a simple question: What skills do I need to do this job?
Sullivan and Cogliano Training Centers provides students with the career-ready skills in preparation for job opportunities both inside and outside of the healthcare industry.
By taking advantage of our specialized and customized training, you can put yourself in position to gain the upper hand over other applicants when it comes to hiring at healthcare as well as other facilities.
Becoming a Qualified Medical Office Assistant
The Office Professional Program with Medical Office Concentration is by far our most popular program, as it prepares students for a wide variety of careers throughout a vast array of industries.
In this program you will learn:
- Medical Office Procedures
- Medical Anatomy and Terminology
- Computerized Medical Billing
- Healthcare Insurance Processing
- Medical Coding using ICD-10
- Electronic Records
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Customer Service
This comprehensive Office Professional Program with Medical Office Concentration will open new doors to a promising and rewarding career in the healthcare field. Upon graduation, a Certificate of Completion is awarded.
“The best part about Sullivan and Cogliano Training Centers is their training schedule. The hours are so flexible that you can do this and still have a life. I was able to go to school everyday, and still get home and manage to do what I normally do with my kids.”
Shannon, Sullivan & Cogliano Graduate
Flexible On Campus and Online Training
You can choose to study at our two Miami campus (North Dade) or take advantage of our online training options, personalizing your schedule to fit your life. Many students choose a combination of on-campus and online training that we call Blended Learning.
However you choose to study, our dedicated and friendly staff and instructors will be on hand to give you the support and encouragement you need.
Classes Start Daily
No wait lists or juggling schedules. Classes start every day and training schedules are personalized so you choose the right time to fit education into your life!
Affordable, Career-Focused Education
Sullivan and Cogliano Training Centers provides students with the career-ready skills in preparation for job opportunities in any business environment.
Equipping our students with the skills they need for a competitive job market is how Sullivan and Cogliano Training Centers got started over 20 years ago. We’ve helped thousands of students acquire the computer skills and job search confidence to improve their employment security.
Our programs are designed so you get the skills you need in less time by offering:
- Career-focused education: You get the high-demand skills employers look for.
- Flexible scheduling: Classes are personalized to fit your life. Certificate programs can be completed in less than a year, in normal time.
- Financial aid to those who qualify: Our caring staff will enable you to take your time as you apply through the financial aid process. We’re here to make it easier.
- Classes start daily: No wait lists or juggling schedules. Classes start every day and training schedules are personalized so you choose the right time to fit education into your life!
- Placement assistance: We won’t stop helping until our graduates looking to work are working.
Medical Office Course Curriculum
|Medical Office Procedures||Comprehensive||MED101||1|
|Medical Anatomy & Terminology||Basic||MED102||2|
|Medical Anatomy & Terminology||Advanced||MED103||2|
|Health Insurance Processing||Comprehensive||MED106||1|
|Introduction to Electronic Health Records||Basic||MED108||1|
|Working with Electronic Health Records||Advanced||MED109||2|
Already have some educational background? We accept eligible transfer credits for previous courses taken. Talk with an Admissions Consultant to see if you have transfer credits.
Office Professional (Medical Office Concentration) graduates prepare for a variety of positions, such as:
- Medical Secretaries
- Administrative Assistants
- Customer Service Representatives
- Office Assistants
- Medical Billers
- Insurance Claims Processors
- Medical Coders
- Medical Office Assistants and more
Career Outlook Information
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, at www.bls.gov Occupational Outlook Handbook, here are the expected job growth rates by position through 2022. SCTC does not guarantee placement or placement wage to any student.
Medical Office Assistant
“Right now, it feels good to be in a job where I can use the things I learned. It’s hard to describe how stressful it was before this. No real skills meant that I just couldn’t find a good job. Thanks to Sullivan and Cogliano Training Centers, I won’t have to worry about that anymore. I’m so thankful to everyone who helped me.”
– Kathleen, Sullivan and Cogilano Training Centers Graduate
Is a Rewarding Medical Office Career Right for You? Get More Information…
Discover if a career in the medical office field is the right path for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information.
A helpful Sullivan and Cogliano Training Centers Admissions Consultant will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
For immediate questions, call 1-888-872-4677.
* 7 month program length when completed in normal time